by Gloria Albee
This adaptation of Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s short story chronicles the slowly decaying mental state of a wife and mother whose well-meaning husband discourages her from writing as a cure for her “temporary nervous depression.” Feeling trapped in her bedroom, the woman discovers a figure trapped in the wallpaper of the room. Her efforts to free this figment drive her mad. A psychological thriller and a cautionary tale, “The Yellow Wallpaper” is directed by Jessica Clevenger and designed by Brandyn Graves.
Special Guest Dr. Margaret Payne, Professor of English at FHU, will speak about the show and the Gilman’s short story following the performance on Thursday night!
INSTRUCTIONS FHU STUDENTS:
- Log in to fhutickets.com using the "FHU Student Log in"
- Enter your FHU username and password.
- Create your account in fhutickets.com (if you haven't already)
- Select the performance you wish to attend. You'll then be able to select on ticket at no cost.
- At checkout, you may select the mobile ticket option, saving a QR code to your phone.
- At checkout, you may select the print ticket option. Then print your ticket and bring it to the theatre.